GREEN MATTERS: An overview of our current practices
EURODOC is committed to making constant efforts to ensure the eco-friendly nature of its structural operations and training activities. This charter is an evolving tool, enabling us to define achievable objectives and prioritize concrete actions. We act on two levels: both in our policies as a French and European structure, but also as a training organization that teaches and promotes awareness and good practices.
Here are our commitments:
ABOUT RESIDENTIAL WORKSHOPS:
The changes made to our daily practices are aimed at reducing resource and energy consumption, as well as waste production.
- No use plastic cups and bottles and other single-use products.
- Push for recycling systems (paper, cardboard, glass, etc.) in venues (hotels).
- Digital media are preferred and printing is reduced to the strict minimum.
- Reducing the size of printed educational booklets (from A4 to A5 format).
- No shipping of materials or technical equipment to our workshops. When equipment is needed, we prefer to borrow or rent it on site.
- A minimum of three vegetarian meals per week.
- Regional and seasonal produce is preferred.
- When choosing restaurants (outside of the hotels), priority is given to those accessible on foot or by public transport.
- An assessment of the carbon footprint of each of our events, so that we can consider ways of reducing it.
REGARDING TRAVEL MANAGEMENT:
The work of the EURODOC team and experts involves extensive and unavoidable travel. In addition to travel to the various workshop venues in Europe and abroad, we take part in festivals and industry events in Europe throughout the year to promote our program and support our participants.
Since the essence of our mission is to bring together producers and industry professionals from around the world to forge long-term working relationships, travel cannot be completely avoided. Switching our workshops entirely "online" would have too great of an impact on the results achieved to contemplate it. We believe in physical encounters and the bonds they can create.
We hope, however, that joining the EURODOC network of a large number of decision-makers from all over the world will reduce the need for future "single-objective" trips, and that meeting our project participants in our workshops will save them from "single-project" trips.
- To avoid unnecessary travel, we prioritize online meetings when it makes sense.
- Some of our experts' and guests' presentations are made online, to avoid short trips to our workshops. The online program is strengthened every year.
- We systematically offer our guests rail travel rather than air travel when travel time is less than or equal to 6 hours.
- The organization of working meetings with our partners exclusively online or during our travels to markets and festivals.
- When choosing hotels, priority is given to those with conference facilities, to avoid travel between hotel and workshop venues.
- When choosing restaurants, priority is given to those close to the hotel, allowing guests to get around on foot.
- Public transport is preferred between the train station/airport and the hotel, and if necessary and possible, group transport rather than individual cars is organized by EURODOC.
- Support for organizations and media working on the issue of carbon footprint and sustainable development.
REGARDING DAILY OFFICE PRACTICES:
- Limiting purchases of computer equipment. Preference is given to second-hand and/or repair whenever possible.
- Replacing part of our promotional material with digital promotional tools.
- No single-use plastic cups, bottles or other products.
- All our waste is recycled, and materials that are no longer useful to us are systematically donated to associations for reuse.
- Avoid unnecessary printing and paper consumption.
- The use of responsible search engines.
- A fully online application system reducing the number of incoming mail and bulky emails.
- A team trained by ECOPROD in 2023.
We are committed to holding regular meetings within the team to improve practices and continue to nurture exchange and lead to continuous evolution.
REGARDING THE CONTENTS OF OUR TRAINING SESSIONS:
- Each session includes a unit on eco-responsibility in audiovisual and film production.
- Our annual programs include ECOPROD presentations on the subject.
- We include the obligation to raise eco-responsibility issues in the roadmaps of our tutors.
- We monitor the industry and include news of eco-responsible policies in our network (new measures, partner associations and organizations, dedicated events, etc.).