EURODOC fosters the development of documentary film projects in a highly demanding and creative way.
The yearly Training Programme is addressed to European Documentary Producers (+ 20% of non-European) who want to enhance the development stage of their projects on the international level and more largely to film professionals, in particular those involved in the support of Documentary Film Productions (Commissioners from TV Channels and representatives for Film Fund for Documentary Cinema).
© GIACINTO SCELSI, THE FIRST MOTION OF THE IMMOVABLE by Sebastiano D'Ayala Valva. EURODOC PROJECT in 2015. Produced by Nicolas Lesoult (Les Films de la Butte, France).
The main goals and objectives of the program are:
- To improve the development of documentary projects with international potential, their financing and management;
- To get a deep insight into the technological changes in the fields of development, production and distribution; To reinforce the international dimension of small and medium-sized companies;
- To encourage transnational cooperation and to provide a clear overview on the international film market situation;
- To set up a sustainable networking of skills and exchanges by bringing together the professionals and the decision makers of this sector;
- To take into account the specific needs of professionals in European countries with low audio-visual production capacity and to provide them with useful tools.
Throughout the 3 sessions, all of the basic fundamentals of production are covered: from the analysis of the artistic quality of the project, to reflecting on the relationship between the director and the producer; from the negotiations for rights clearance to the financing of the development stage; from the transmission of different production methods and budgeting to the identification of potential partners on an international level; from the drafting of different co-production agreements to the making of trailers and the pitching preparation; from the overview on the management of a production company, to the promotion and distribution (traditional and alternative) of the film once it is finished; from an insight on the documentary film market landscape to individual meetings with some of the main figures of the documentary world (commissioning editors, programmers, distributors, curators, producers).
EURODOC constitutes an observatory providing a panorama of contemporary creative documentary production, a privileged platform that provides constant updates on creative works and production systems.